What is The Story Behind Ahmed Osman?
I studied biotechnology and got introduced to meditation spending hours observing experiments in the lab. After college I went to army and this is where the transformation happened. I started to observe, read and practice yoga during my military service and being away from the city and under daily stresses forced me to start questioning and revolting against what the majority believe to be the norm. I understood the meaning and effect of conditioning and decided to change. So after my military service i decided to get specialized in holistic healing and travelled around the far east to get certified in the different therapies and Yoga
What is the meaning of Holistic Healing/Therapy?
Holistic therapy is a kind of therapy that doesn’t separate between the physical, emotional and spiritual layers of our being. The blockage or problem happens on the energetic level first and when we neglect it, it starts to reflect on our emotions and eventually causes physical problems. In Holistic healing we work on all layers of our being together.
Could you broadly explain the different practices that you are specialized in?
I am specialized in Yoga, Reiki, Reflexology, Ayurvedic nutrition, Marma Therapy and Crystal Healing.
– Yoga is a holistic practice that targets the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of our being and brings them all into union.
– Reiki is a kind of energy healing that allows the recipient to go into a Theta range of consciousness to give a chance for the body to realign itself energetically and to trigger its natural healing abilities.
– Reflexology come from Chinese medicine and I’m specialized in foot reflexology. Certain points are pressed in the foot to allow the energy flow properly into the organs.
– Ayurvedic Nutrition: Ayurveda is the science of life. It’s a holistic science that tells you how to live a balanced life by adjusting your food and your whole life style based on your body type.
– Marma Therapy: There are 108 sacred points in the body according to ancient Indian medicine. By pressing these points, you balance the nervous system and stimulate the prana (life force) to flow properly in the body.
– Crystal Healing: Everything in nature obeys the universal laws. Crystals have highly balancing nature as their energy fields are perfectly in order. Learning how to use them, where to place them, how to change and cleanse them can help stabilize your energy and the every of the place you live in.
What are some common myths about holistic therapy? Why should a person adopt a holistic lifestyle?
Holistic therapies are for wellbeing and for preventing the disease from happening at the first place. We shouldn’t wait until the energetic problem starts to manifest physically. Most of people have this tendency to be dependent on the healer or the doctor. They wait until they get sick and start to ask for help. Understanding our body and mind and working on them holistically is essential for wellbeing.
What is the most interesting case you have come across when you were practicing holistic therapy?
Some sort of magic happens in almost every session! I once had someone who has been suffering from severe insomnia for ten years and was telling me I never fall asleep until I take a medicine. He started snoring after three minutes of Reiki.
Do you think that holistic therapy can completely substitute regular or traditional medicines and treatments?
Holistic therapies are for wellbeing more than healing. We shouldn’t wait until the problem happens. They can go hand in hand with conventional medicine. Separation comes from the ego.
How does Crystal Healing works?
Crystal healing works on our energetic and emotional bodies. By stabilizing them you start to heal the physical issue. They can help you heal faster. But from my experience with crystals I find them important for spiritual growth more than anything else.
Do you see a change in the perception of people in Egypt about this kind of therapy?
Egypt is growing spiritually and that is the real revolution. 10 years ago there were only 3 yoga/holistic wellbeing centers in Cairo. Now we have at least three centers in almost every district!
What do you aspire to achieve through your career.
According to yoga philosophy there is no future and no past. In the present I choose to live fully, learn, practice, teach, heal and create.